RNA-sequencing: Tools & Tips
During the past decade, RNA sequencing (RNA-seq) has become an indispensable method for transcriptome-wide analysis of gene expression and splicing of mRNAs. Maybe the most critical step in credible RNA-seq analysis is library preparation: that must be performed without biased conversion or losing even the smallest RNAs.
Here we highlight several excellent kits for accurate and unbiased library preparation.
Working with Small RNA sequencing?
Check out the Small RNA Library prep kits for Illumina.
- Optimized for low input RNA from bodily fluids such as plasma or serum, at 1ng of RNA.
- Simple and quick workflow: library could be prepared in less than 5 hours.
- Buffer chemistry inactivates viruses, including SARS-CoV-2.
Struggling with ribosomal RNA?
Check out the Zymo-Seq RiboFree Total RNA Library kit
- Fastest (3,5 h) and easiest RNA-seq library prep kit available with completely integrated depletion of ribosomal RNA, globin, or any other over-abundant, repetitive transcript; from any sample type or species.
- The novel probe-free technology avoids transcriptome profiling bias found in other methods.
- The Zymo-Seq RiboFree Total RNA library kit has been validated across biological kingdom and phyla, including human, rodent, plant, and various prokaryotes, as well as RNA from a wide range of sample types including cells, tissue, FFPE tissues, and whole blood.
- Compatible with all Illumina platforms to date.
Zymo Research is about to launch their new miRNA-Seq kit. Stay tuned and let us know if you want us to inform you when the release of the product takes place.
Do you want to learn more about RNA-seq? Check out our 5-part blog series!